Pendants Blog



             


Sunday, December 23, 2007

Spot Lights and Pendant Lights for Art Galleries

As a budding and yet to be discovered artist of the 21st century, I'm always on the look out for galleries that will house my fine works of art for a reasonable amount of time and for a reasonable housing fee. One of the qualifications that I always look for is whether the gallery has proper lighting. Without the right kind of lighting, patrons wouldn't be able to fully appreciate my works and understand how much blood, sweat and tears I put into each piece.

But back to what I was talking about earlier; lighting is imperative in show casing my works. With that said, I look for galleries that include spot lights and perhaps even some directional pendant lighting. Spot lights are especially important and I'm not talking about the really big ones they use in Hollywood, I'm talking about the ones that use the small LED bulbs or even compact fluorescent bulbs. The spot lights have to be placed at least six inches away from the wall so that they properly light up my work. The six inches will ensure that the patrons will be able to view the finer details in my work without the light burning any holes through them.

Directional pendant lights are superb for lighting up sculptural pieces and installation art and can work just as well if not better than spot lights depending on the scenario. For instance, if an artist decides to showcase an installation art piece in the middle of a gallery, spot lights alongside the walls probably won't be able to illuminate it, unless the gallery has spot lights installed along the middle of the ceiling. Pendant lights with adjustable directional fixtures will easily solve this dilemma, especially if track pendant lighting is used.

When you work as a professional artist, your work is always being scrutinized, top to bottom. Without the proper lighting, you run the risk of getting a bad review (I speak from experience). But as long as you find a gallery that includes all the essentials you require, then every patron will be able to see all the blood, sweat and tears that you've put into your work (or is that just me).

For an excellent selection in outdoor lighting and bathroom lighting, be sure to visit Eco-Lights.com.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,